Monday, May 16, 2011

Orlando Guide!

Today’s city guide comes to in the perfect time of the season for travel here.  We are celebrating Orlando, Florida today and taking you on a tour of fantastic, must-visit design shops.  Everyone always associates Orlando with Disney World so I can't wait for others to appreciate my local guide to Orlando minus the tourist stops that drive me crazy.  And if your headed to Florida anytime soon take this guide with you and have fun!

I'm so excited to share with you my inside knowledge of Orlando's hidden design treasures as I've lived there for over 7 years now and I am born and raised a true Floridian!  I hope you enjoy and discover a whole new side of Orlando and what it has to offer.  Enjoy!

Our first destination for the coolest, trendiest design stores in Orlando is Ivanhoe Village/Antique Row:
1. Qui Studios - Owners Jacob & Jacquelyn Harmeling founded in 2007 specialize in created one of a kind hand carved wood furniture salvaged from the St. Johns River. 
Photo Credit Qui Studios

2. 1618 - Of course I must give a shout out to my favorite store by far in Orlando where I have personally bought and sold my furniture here and found some amazing deals.  Everything from retro, vintage, and mid-century furniture.  You are absolutely guaranteed to find amazing deals that will wow your friends & family. 
Photo Credit 1618
3. Lightstyle - Purchased in 2000 by lighting expert Tom Rensenhouse with a 15,000 sft. renovated showroom with top notch service and the newest styles in lighting and accessories. 
Photo Credit Lightingstyle

4. Apenberry’s - High-end garden shop, with everything from the latest lawn furniture to the perfect stone bench and neat things to accessorize your outdoor space. 
Photo Credit Apenberry's